You might want to use a Chat element for:
- Auditoriums where most participants are muted: Users can use the chat box to converse with others.
- Tech Help: If users are having camera and mic issues, Chat helps to facilitate conversation and assistance.
- Chat across rooms: If you want users in different breakout, or watch party rooms to be able to chat with everyone in the workspace, a Chat element is a great option.
Chat Element vs Chat Bar
There is also a default built-in ohyay Chat Bar that you can use in many situations instead of the Chat Element. See Chat Bar docs.
To make a Chat:
- Click on "Element" in the menu. Select "Insert Element" and "Chat."
- Resize and Place Chat in the room.
You can also click on the chat icon at the top of your workspace to add a chat box to your room:
You can customize your chat box in many different ways:
- Color, font, and other personalizations can be found under Style in the Chat properties
- Chat Channel allows you to put multiple chats throughout your workspace on the same channel in order to merge messages. Create a new channel by adding a word in the Channel input box under Element in Chat properties. Apply this channel to all other Chat elements you'd like to merge.
To create an action button that clears all chats in your workspace:
- Add an ACTION BUTTON by clicking on the lightning bolt icon at the top for your screen.
- Configure your action button as follows:
Updated 2 months ago