You might want to use a Chat element for:
- Auditoriums where most participants are muted: Users can use the chat box to converse with others.
- Tech Help: If users are having camera and mic issues, Chat helps to facilitate conversation and assistance.
- Chat across rooms: If you want users in different breakout, or watch party rooms to be able to chat with everyone in the workspace, a Chat element is a great option.
Chat Element vs Chat Bar
There is also a default built-in ohyay Chat Bar that you can use in many situations instead of the Chat Element. See Chat Bar docs.
To make a Chat:
- Click on "Element" in the menu. Select "Insert Element" and "Chat."
- Resize and Place Chat in the room.
You can also click on the chat icon at the top of your workspace to add a chat box to your room:
You can customize your chat box in many different ways:
- Color, font, and other personalizations can be found under Style in the Chat properties
- Chat Channel allows you to put multiple chats throughout your workspace on the same channel in order to merge messages. Create a new channel by adding a word in the Channel input box under Element in Chat properties. Apply this channel to all other Chat elements you'd like to merge.
Updated about 1 month ago