User Avatars element is a fun and interactive alternative to the Multi-User Slot element. It gives users a sense of presence in a room even when their cameras are off.
Try it out!
Check out our published sample room Stage Panel With Avatars.
This element could be a good fit when:
- Your audience tends to keep their cameras off and you'd like an alternative way for them to "be present"
- The playful and casual aesthetic of cartoony avatars is suitable for your event's tone
- A portion of your audience already has a Bitmoji
In terms of rooms, the
User Avatars element can be used in most places where the Multi-User Slot element can be used. For example, auditoriums, panels, and All Hands rooms.
Avatars can interact with the room in a few ways:
- Clicking on the element will cause the user's avatar to run to the click location
- Certain emoji reactions from the Reactions Bar will trigger the avatar to animate and emit emoji particles
Have any ideas or suggestions?
Emoji reactions that trigger animations:
- ❤️ — avatar jumps up and down excitedly
- 😂 — avatar laughs
- 🤯 — avatar falls down in shock
- 👍 — avatar smiles and dances
- 👎 — avatar cries in a tantrum
- 👋 — avatar quickly waves
- 👏 — avatar smiles and twirls
- 🙏 — avatar falls on their knees in a pleading manner
What about users that don't have a Bitmoji?
For users that don't have a Bitmoji, ohyay displays a default avatar with a random color and a spherical head showing the user's profile image or emoji. See the
3D Avatar Default Bitmojiproperty for details.
ohyay will also show a small login prompt for these users when they enter a room with a
User Avatarselement (screenshot below).
For a more personalized experience, we recommend encouraging users in advance to create a Bitmoji and connect their Bitmoji to ohyay.
- User Avatars Default: If enabled, displays a randomly colored avatar with a spherical head showing the user's profile image or emoji for users that are not logged in or don't have a Bitmoji. Otherwise, only users that have a Bitmoji are displayed.
User Avatars Display: A mode that determines which users in the room to display. Supported modes include
Users not in slots(users that are not in a User Slot)) and
All users(all users in the room).
User Avatars Emoji Particles: If enabled, emits emoji particles from avatars when their users send reactions from the Reactions Bar.
User Avatars Limit: The maximum number of avatars to display at a time. A large number of avatars in a small area can look very busy and crowded (and take longer to load). We recommended setting this based on the needs and design of your room.
User Avatars Name Labels: If enabled, display user names above each avatar. Otherwise, only the avatar is displayed.
Updated 9 months ago