To share their screens, your guests can click on the monitor icon at the top right of ohyay. See our "Setting Up" guide for more info.
If you want to give guests the ability to share their screens, you will want to make sure that "Enable Screen Sharing" is checked.
To enable/disable screen sharing in your room:
- Check/uncheck the box next to "Enable Screen Sharing" under the "Interaction" section of the Room Settings.
To restrict screen sharing in your room:
- Click on the pen icon next to "Screen Sharing Email List."
- Add the email addresses of the people who will need to share their screens in the room.
You can also feed your screen share into a customizable participant element.
To build a custom screen sharing element:
- Click on the icon with the single person at the top of your screen to create a new participant video element.
- Click on the video slot to pull up its settings in the right-hand panel.
- Click on the video camera icon in the User Assignment section (at the top of the settings) to toggle stream type. The camera icon will change to a monitor icon.
Now, the element will automatically grab screen shares instead of a person's camera feed.
To see examples of screen share elements in ohyay, search for Veranda Presentation Room and Presentation Room in the Room Gallery ("Room" > "Import Room.")
Updated about 2 months ago