Click on the monitor icon on the top of your screen to share your display, an application window, or a Chrome tab.
Typically, you’ll want to share either an Application Window or Chrome Tab. Please note that ohyay does not currently allow audio sharing in an Application Window.
🛑 To stop screen sharing, simply click on the screen share icon again or click on "stop sharing" at the top left of your screen.
You can click on the arrow next to the screen share icon to either crop your screen share, share high quality audio, or share audio only.
Can't see previews of your windows/tabs on macOS Catalina or later?
You may need to configure your OS to allow screen sharing in your browser. See these links:
If you want to give guests the ability to share their screens, you will want to make sure that "Enable Screen Sharing" is checked.
To enable/disable screen sharing in your room:
- Check/uncheck the box next to "Enable Screen Sharing" under the "Interaction" section of the Room Settings.
To restrict screen sharing in your room:
- Click on the pen icon next to "Screen Sharing Email List."
- Add the email addresses of the people who will need to share their screens in the room.
You can also feed your screen share into a customizable participant element.
To build a custom screen sharing element:
- Click on the icon with the single person at the top of your screen to create a new participant video element.
- Click on the video slot to pull up its settings in the right-hand panel.
- Click on the video camera icon in the User Assignment section (at the top of the settings) to toggle stream type. The camera icon will change to a monitor icon.
Now, the element will automatically grab screen shares instead of a person's camera feed.
To see examples of screen share elements in ohyay, search for Veranda Presentation Room and Presentation Room in the Room Gallery ("Room" > "Import Room.")
To increase your screen share's resolution and/or frame rate, search for screenshare resolution* or screenshare frame rate in your Room Settings under the Participant Media** category.
You now control how automatic screenshares are positioned and sized in your room. Look for the Screenshare X Offset, Y Offset, Width, and Height under the Participant Media category of your Room Settings and adjust the sliders.
Updated 6 days ago