First things first, let’s make sure you have all of the following:
A Mac or PC with:
- A dual-core i5 processor (or equivalent) and at least 8 GB of RAM
- A webcam
- A microphone
Either Chrome 74+, Firefox 60+, or Safari 12+
When prompted, give ohyay permission to use your camera and microphone. If you're experiencing issues, see A/V TROUBLESHOOTING.
Open up your settings by clicking on the icon at the top right of your screen. Make sure that the correct webcam, mic, and speakers are selected.
Use the video and audio controls at the top right of your screen to mute your microphone or turn off your video as needed. You can also temporarily unmute by holding down the space bar.
To choose your name, subtitle, avatar, the skin tone of reaction emojis, and more:
- Click on at the top right of your screen.
- Click on Profile & Other Settings and make changes in the pop-up window that appears.
To integrate your Bitmoji with ohyay:
- Click on in the top right of your screen and then on Profile & Other Settings.
- Click on the Bitmoji icon on the bottom right of your avatar selection.
- Click on Continue with Snapchat and log into your Snapchat account.
Change your profile image to a Bitmoji of your choice and send Bitmojis as reactions.
To upload an image as your avatar:
- Click on and on Profile & Other Settings.
- Click on the image icon on your avatar selection between the emoji and Bitmoji icons.
- Upload the image of your choice.
You can also change your avatar color by clicking on the palette icon on the top left of your avatar.
Click on the icon on the top of your screen to share your display, an application window, or a Chrome tab. See Screen Sharing for more info.
Typically, you’ll want to share either an Application Window or Chrome Tab. Please note that ohyay does not currently allow audio sharing in an Application Window.
🛑 To stop screen sharing, simply click on again or click on stop sharing at the top left of your screen.
Can't see previews of your windows/tabs on macOS Catalina or later?
You may need to configure your OS to allow screen sharing in your browser. See these links:
Don’t have access to your event workspace yet? Navigate to https://ohyay.co/tryit.html. This will create a temporary workspace where you can check to make sure everything is running smoothly.
Looking for some basic copy to send your clients or event guests? We recommend the following:
This event will be hosted on ohyay, a new place for virtual experiences. ohyay works best on a laptop or desktop computer (not mobile devices, like a cell phone or tablet), and runs the fastest on Google Chrome. We also recommend using headphones for a better auditory experience.
Updated 5 months ago